In The Sassafras Science Adventures Volume Three Botany, the zip-lining science adventure advances for Blaine and Tracey Sassafras!
I love the Sassafras books. They work great as a science unit but this is just PART of teaching them. This is a story, it has facts on the different topics but the point of the book is to get kids interested in this topic and have fun with it. When you are done reading each section you fill out a log book page (or lapbook) to go with the thing you learned, plants for this book, and it is your job to research it more. – Review by Trina
The twins, and your students, learn all about the wonderful world of plants as they zip around the globe. In the book, they visit locations like:
- The Amazon Jungle to pick up facts about orchids and ferns;
- The pampas in Argentina to learn about grasses and wildflowers;
- And the French countryside to discover several different kinds of trees!
Blaine and Tracey meet a variety of local experts who help them along the way to learn about the variety of plants found around the world.
This adventure style living book weaves information about plants into an action-packed story-line that is sure to excite your students!
- Read an excerpt from volume 3 or listen to the audio!
Want to meet a few of the characters before you get reading?
Check out the following guest posts:
- Steps for Dissecting a Seed a ballad by Felipe Moreno
- Gymnosperm vs. Angiosperm by Fiona McRay
- The National Parks Junior Ranger Program with Brock Hoverbreck
- Photosynthesis 101 with Summer Beach
You can enjoy this volume on its own or you can add in the activity guide and logbook. These books will provide you with the tools you need to construct a full homeschool science curriculum!
Read the first chapter of volume 3 or watch the following review video from President Lincoln.