A Living Books Curriculum for Science
Do you wish you could use living books to teach science?
HOW THE SASSAFRAS SCIENCE ADVENTURES SERIES WORKSThe books of The Sassafras Science Adventures series can be read alone or you can add in the activity guide and logbook to create full science curriculum. The completed series will contain 8 books, each designed to take half a year to cover.
- An adventure-style fictional novel for a given area of science which can be used as a read-aloud for k-adult or independent reader for 5th-adult.
- A coordinating activity guide and SCIDAT logbook which are designed to help you create a full science curriculum from the Sassafras books. The activity guide includes chapter summaries, encyclopedia readings, additional book suggestions, experiments, copywork, vocabulary, and so much more!
- An optional lapbooking guide which includes additional books suggestions, vocabulary, experiments, and lapbook templates.
- Read a chapter in the adventure-style fictional book each week.
- Then, you will choose one or more activities from the activity or lapbooking guide to enhance what the students have learned from the novel.
- The students will record what they have learned in their own SCIDAT logbook or lapbook.
Learn more about the books of the Sassafras Science Series!
What people are saying about the Sassafras Science Adventures
WOW! So Fun! We just received our book two days ago, and my children (7 and 4) are begging me to read the whole thing!!! We got this and the journal-it’s a great way to get a jumping off point to learn more about zoology! They are liking it so much we had to read it for bedtime as well!! Not too in-depth, but like I said its great fun and gives you a place to start when learning about animals. We are zoology crazy over here, and even though the kids know what the book is telling them about the animals already, they don’t care!! I would get this even if you don’t home school! I’m excited to see what the rest of the series has in store! ~ By mamawhit on Amazon
Just today, a good friend of mine watched my kids and commented again that she was so thankful I told her about your Sassafras book. Her kids, like mine, request to do it first thing. They are loving it and learning a lot. ~ By Tiffany H., confirmed user