Use the lapbooking guides to create a gentle homeschool science curriculum from the Sassafras Science Adventures novels!
Each lapbooking guide leads you through a survey of an area of science using a series of eight mini-lapbooks to document the journey. The lapbooking guide includes:
- A reading plan for The Sassafras Science Adventures Series novels broken up into weekly lessons;
- All the templates and pictures you need to create a beautiful lapbook on zoology;
- Vocabulary words for each chapter;
- A list of additional books that you can check out from your library;
- And coordinating scientific demonstrations!
Watch the video below to see what it is like to use one of our lapbooks!
The lapbooking guide gives a more focused approach to your living books curriculum for homeschool science. Wondering if you should use the lapbooking or activity guide? Read about the differences here.
Currently available lapbooks
- Lapbooking through Zoology with the Sassafras Twins
- Lapbooking through Anatomy with the Sassafras Twins
- Lapbooking through Botany with the Sassafras Twins
- Lapbooking through Earth Science with the Sassafras Twins
Do you agonize over hunting for experiment supplies for each week?
Then, let us do the hard work for you! Each our experiment kits provide the hard to find and difficult to get materials you need for the experiments found in the Sassafras Science series. These kits are compatible with both the activity guides and the lapbooking guides.
Now you can spend your time actually doing the experiments instead of looking for the supplies!
- Year 1 Experiment Kit (Contains materials for volume 1 and 2)
- Year 2 Experiment Kit (Contains materials for volume 3 and 4)
These coloring pages have sheets for the illustrations along with ones for every SCIDAT topic covered in the book. Each topical coloring page has a large, black line illustration along with a key fact sentence for the students to learn about the topic.
Click on the link to check out coloring pages for each volume: