Ulysses and I have shared with you all three of our favorite projects for summer! Just in case you missed them, here they are:
But the summer science fun doesn’t need to stop there! We have combed the internet looking for super fun science activities that you can do with your kids this summer.
The result is akin to a buffet full of fine cheese, crusty bread, and delicious salami, sopresse, and sopressate – you can’t help but dig in!
The Summer Science Activities Buffet
Ladies and gentlefolk, I present to you the Summer Science Activities Buffet!! Forty-eight super-fun, science-packed learning activities perfect for the summer time!!
Let’s dig in…
Summer Science Activities for Zoology
1. Make a bird feeder.
3. Try an earthworm experiment.
4. Observe some animals via web-cam.
5. Make some egg carton sea life.
Summer Science Activities for Anatomy
8. Learn about blood types.
9. See how important bones are.
10. Learn about the Punnett Square.
11. Make your own casts.
12. Extract DNA.
Summer Science Activities for Botany
13. Study pollination.
14. Watch a leaf breathe.
15. Regrow celery.
16. Learn the difference between a gymnosperm and angiosperm.
17. Make a terrarium.
18. Dissect a few seeds.
Summer Science Activities for Earth Science
19. Use clouds to predict the weather.
20. Build your own weather station.
21. Learn about seasons.
22. Learn about thunderstorms.
23. Watch the water cycle.
24. Make a cloud.
Summer Science Activities for Geology
25. Learn about the different types of rocks.
26. Explode a paper rock volcano.
27. Grow stalagmites and stalactites.
28. Make an edible soil model.
29. Have an earthquake.
30. Study fossils.
Summer Science Activities for Astronomy
31. Eat your way through the moon phases.
32. Learn the moon phases song.
33. Make a constellation geoboard.
34. See why you shouldn’t look directly at the sun.
35. Make a solar system felt board.
36. Learn about the solar system.
Summer Science Activities for Chemistry
37. Make a pizza box solar oven.
38. Do a kitchen acid test.
39. Make Mento’s Geysers.
40. Drink some fizzy lemonade.
41. Explode some soap.
42. Make a chromatography t-shirt.
Summer Science Activities for Physics
43. Make magnetic slime.
44. Sink a ship.
45. Build your own rocket at home.
46. Make a hovercraft.
47. Build a bridge.
48. Build some simple machines.
Hope you enjoy!!